I have never heard of the ‘Liebster Award’, but I am honored that Catherine’sBlog thought my blog worthy of a nomination. The purpose of this award is to welcome and encourage “new bloggers” (with under 200 followers) to the blogging world, the Liebster Award is nominated by bloggers to award other bloggers.
To accept, all you have to do is:
1) Link and thank the person who nominated you.
2) Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
3) Tag 11 bloggers who have 200 or less followers
4) Ask the 11 bloggers 11 questions, and let them know you nominated them!
So, here are the questions I’ve been asked, as well as the answers and my nominations!
What is your favorite TV show?
My favorite t.v. show is the Golden Girls. Yes, I am 80 years old. My sister and I are completely obsessed. Between the two of us we have the entire series. Whenever I visit her, we know, every night is Golden Girls night. We even have memorabilia and can quote lines at the drop of a hat. In fact, it’s become part of our daily conversations.
What is your favorite book?
My favorite classic novel is Persuasion by Jane Austen. I am definitely a die-hard Janeite. I also love the YA genre, and thus far my favorite series is tied between the Maze Runner Series and Under the Never Sky Series.
What is your favorite film?
It’s hard for me to answer this question because there so many genres of film, so let me give you top four.
(1) Singing in the Rain
(2) Persuasion- 2008 BBC version
(3) When Harry Met Sally
4. If you could meet anyone, either living, fictional or from history, who would you meet?
I would want to meet Jane Austen. I would love to just have tea and chat. Figure out what made her tick, why she never married, especially after writing such beautiful stories of love and hope. I would want the chance to separate what people have speculated about her life and what is fact.
5. What’s your favorite number? (Yes, everyone has a favourite number, don’t they?)
7, because it’s the number of perfection. It’s an odd number and I like the option of putting a line through it to differeniate it form a 1.
6. If you could marry any fictional character, who would it be?
I would marry Captain Wentworth from Persuasion. Perry from Under the Never Sky is a close second. I love the idea of someone holding a torch for you for so long, even after rejection and in the face of adversity. I love that despite his initial stubbornness, he gives in so fully to his love. Most importantly, I loved his view of Anne, like none could compare to her. That is how everyone woman wants to be seen in the eyes of the man they love.
7. Whose fictional death have you never been able to get over?
Tris, in Divergent. It still hurts to this day. I spent three days after Allegiant in a black hole of anguish. I still don’t understand and remain hesitant in acknowledging that her death was justifiable.
8. If you could travel anywhere (where money is no limitation) where would you go?
I would go to Italy. Really, I would go all over Europe, but Italy is a must. The architecture, the natural beauty, the vineyards, the food, the language, the passion, the history, etc… What’s not to love.
9. If you had to spend £1 million, what would you spend it on?
I couldn’t even begin to tell you. I think I would be incredibly intimidated at first and then I would be mindful not to be an idiot and spend it frivolously, ending up with nothing or worse in debt.
10. What is your ultimate favourite song?
Missing You by Tina Turner, she’s my mom’s favorite singer
11. If you could reinvent yourself, what would be the three most important features you would choose?
I really like who I am and when push comes to shove I really wouldn’t change anything, but for the sake of the question I will say:
(1) My teeth, I have an overbite
(2) My skin texture or health. I get occasional acne.
(3) My hair texture, I would get rid of the frizz.
There you have it! I hope the answers were even remotely enjoyable to read. I am an infant blogger, so I don’t even have three other bloggers I know of or follow; so I am only nominating one. Sorry if that pisses any off. If you have ideas for nominations please let me know.
TAG YOUR IT!
1. If your house was on fire, what is the one item you would take with you?
2. If you could travel through time, past or future, what time would you take a pit stop in?
3. Who is the one fictional character you would want to go on a date with?
4. What is one issue of injustice you struggle with?
5. If you died tomorrow, what would your top 3 regrets be?
6. If there were no such thing as consequences, what is one thing you would want to do? (Keep it fairly PG-13)
7. What is one thing you would want to change about the world? (It could be an event that happened in the past that set off a chain reaction of events)
8. What is your favorite form of entertainment? i.e. music, movies, etc…
9. What animal best expresses your personality?
10. If you could be anything in this life, what would that be?
11. If you had one more sentence to utter before leaving this world, what would it be?